If you were to ask me which workplace health service had the single most impact, it would be… drumroll please… Heart Checks.
And of course, it doesn’t apply to every single workplace — yours may have specific issues unique to a particular group of employees.
However, I make this call for three clear reasons:
1. Heart disease, or cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death in Australia.
2. Symptoms are not always apparent without medical tests.
3. You can avoid it: risk can be avoided or reduced through changes to lifestyle and health habits.
Let’s say this again: It kills. You can’t always detect it without tests. It can be prevented.
To me, heart checks are an absolutely essential service that every employer should provide.
Here’s a rundown of the benefits:
1. Heart Checks give you a diagnostic tool to measure the health of your workplace.
2. Heart Checks help you address the absenteeism and presenteeism caused by cardiovascular disease.
3. Heart Checks give extra meaning to your health activities. Nutrition, exercise, stress management — these are not only essential to help your employees feel great and work better, but they are essential for heart health.
4. Heart Checks show employees you care about their health — not just through feel good programs, but by providing access to provide qualified experts to give them personalised one on one attention.
1. Heart Checks help employees reduce their risk of heart disease, by measuring key signals for CVD: their blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose levels, waist circumference and BMI.
2. Employees who do our Premium checks also receive an assessment of lifestyle factors which lead to CVD, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, nutrition, exercise and stress. They leave with a 12 page Personal Heart Care Guide which includes a personal record of results and action plan.
National Heart Week is coming up in two months on 4-10 May.
Special offer: book your Heart Checks before Friday 11 April and you’ll receive a free Heart Care ebook for every employee.