Virtual Ergonomic Assessments
The best way to prevent poor ergonomic work practices, is to provide employees with the right information to be able to identify the issues or risk factors before they cause an injury
Due to the current pandemic impacting the vast majority of workplaces, many employers have made the decision to implement work from home policies for large portions of their workforce. With this comes challenges around how to ensure a safe working environment for your employees, particularly around optimal ergonomic set up.
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that their employees’ health and wellbeing is not compromised during this period of uncertainty. The lack of supportive equipment, suitable workspaces and often the requirement to use laptops for a prolonged period means that the potential for musculoskeletal injuries is significantly exacerbated, predisposing employers to an increased likelihood of claims and cost of doing business.
Protecting Your Team
Despite these challenges, there is an opportunity to assist employees with the appropriate guidance and expert advice to ensure that they can optimise their home working environment and remain symptom-free.
Your employees can benefit from a one-on-one virtual ergonomic consultation with one of Healthwork’s Occupational Physiotherapists.
Our tailored approach means that employees will gain:
– An understanding around the importance of a safe home-work environment
– Education on how to set up their home-workstation effectively (using the space and equipment available to them in their own home)
– Expert knowledge from an Occupational Physiotherapist about task specific exercises and stretches to mitigate the risk of a musculoskeletal injury
– Insights into how often they need to move and adjust their positioning
– Tips and hints on how to feel connected to their colleagues and friends who may also be working from home
Employers will gain:
Following on from the completion of the assessment, Healthwork’s Occupational Physiotherapist will supply you with a summary report outlining key findings, concerns and pertinent recommendations.