Major Roads Projects Employee Heart Health Checks
Make a booking!
Click on your location below and ‘Sign Up’ to register as a new user.
Please feel free to attend the location that is most convenient for you.
- Essendon Fields: Wednesday 15 June and Tuesday 28 June 2022
- Dandenong: Tuesday 14 June, Wednesday 15 June and Thursday 16 June 2022
- Highton: Thursday 16 June 2022
- Lonsdale: Monday 20 June, Tuesday 21 June, Wednesday 22 June, Thursday 23 June and Friday 24 June 2022
- Wendouree: Thursday 23 June 2022
- Traralgon: Friday 17 June 2022
What is it all about?
The check is 20 minutes in duration. An allied health professional will measure your blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol and body composition. To measure your blood glucose and cholesterol, the health professional will prick your finger to collect a small amount of blood that is collected in a tube and emptied onto a testing strip. Usually the person will only feel a small pin prick or nothing at all. Your results will be given to you in a Heart Health Check Booklet. If you fall into the high risk category for any of the tests, you may be advised to see your GP for further testing.
Note: These checks do not provide a diagnosis for any condition you may have, they simply assess risk. They don’t replace a visit to the GP, and if you are found to have any elevated risk factors, we will recommend you see your GP after your check. No fasting is required for the test.
Want to know more? Check out our FAQs here.