CB City Employee Heart Health Checks
Make a booking!
Click on your location below and ‘Sign Up’ to register as a new user.
Please feel free to attend the location that is most convenient for you.
- Campsie Library – 20th March, 12:30pm to 4:30pm
- Riverwood Library – 22nd March, 12:30pm to 4:30pm
- Leslie St Depot – 16th and 17th May, 7am to 11am – Manual bookings
- Anzac St Depot – 23rd and 24th May, 9am to 1pm – Manual bookings
- Roselands Leisure & Aquatics – 6th June, 11am to 2pm
- Max Parker L&A – 7th June, 11am to 2pm
- Birrong L&A – 14th June, 11am to 2pm
- Wran L&A – 15th June, 11am to 2pm
- Bransgrove Rd Depot – 18th and 19th July, 7am to 11am – Manual bookings
- Bankstown Civic Tower – 3rd August 9am to 1pm AND 23 August 9am to 3pm
- Campsie Admin Building – 26th July 9am to 12pm AND 8th August 11am to 2pm
What is it all about?
The check is 20 minutes in duration. An allied health professional will measure your blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol and body composition. To measure your blood glucose and cholesterol, the health professional will prick your finger to collect a small amount of blood that is collected in a tube and emptied onto a testing strip. Usually the person will only feel a small pin prick or nothing at all. Your results will be given to you in a Heart Health Check Booklet. If you fall into the high risk category for any of the tests, you may be advised to see your GP for further testing.
Note: These checks do not provide a diagnosis for any condition you may have, they simply assess risk. They don’t replace a visit to the GP, and if you are found to have any elevated risk factors, we will recommend you see your GP after your check. No fasting is required for the test.
Want to know more? Check out our FAQs here.
Who performs the checks?
The heart health checks are conducted by Allied Health Professionals. This may include Nurses or Exercise Physiologists.
If you can’t make it to one of these checks and are over 45 (or 35 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Australians) be sure to book in with your GP for a Medicare funded check.