1. We have adopted the 13 National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). These govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of Personal Information relating to you or your staff.
3. We collect Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our Services to you, providing information to you, and marketing where agreed with you. We may also use Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from any mailing or marketing lists at any time; all you need to do is let us know.
4. When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
5. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information regarding health will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- with your consent; or
- where required or authorised by law
- Other sensitive information will not be collected.
6. Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with such information by a third party such as your employer or doctor. In such a case we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by such third party.
7. Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances, including to third parties where such use or disclosure is consented to or where required or authorised by law.
8.Personal Information is stored by us in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal Information may be stored off-shore.
9. When Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that Personal Information.
10. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If access to Personal Information is sought, please make out your request to us in writing. We will not charge any fee for an access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of Personal Information. In order to protect Personal Information we may require identification or evidence of authority from you before releasing such information.
11. It is an important part of providing our Services to you that Personal Information provided is correct and is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that that Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, but need adequate disclosure by you and advice at the earliest opportunity of any changes to enable Personal Information records to be updated.
Bodycare Health & Wellbeing Pty Ltd T/A Healthworks
Suite 3.06, 55 Miller Street
PYRMONT NSW 2009